Sunday, July 17, 2005


See what happens when you turn 26!!!

You go to a small show, in a small town, and stay up too late, then sleep the entire day after. I feel like I sometimes live in an old age home, all I ever do is sleep and eat. The Final Fantasy show last night in The Blue Room at the Trasheteria in P-Town was incredible, except for the the extremely late start time (doors at 10pm?) with the first band (a guy with an acoustic guitar, that sung like Mr. Cobain, and a turntablist) starting at midnight. I felt like I was at Lee's, minus the Toronto hipster crew. Final Fantasy finally hit the stage at a little after 1am. His set consisted of tons of new material, none of which he played at the Danforth Music Hall show and tons of older favourites. The new songs were amazing, with Owen layering more and more violin and percussion (knocking on the back of the violin to create drum-machine like rhythm) to create a visceal wall of sound. His vocals were strong as ever and the show pinnacled with an audience request (...it was me) of Mariah Carey's "Fantasy", which had two incredibly drug neanderthals disco dancing at the food of the stage, and the crowd all singing along. Owen started the cover by saying he didn't think he could do it without someone singing back up, but he was wrong because it sounded better than ever. He also covered a tune by Joan Of Arc (but I have no idea what's it's called) and it too was equally brilliant. I also want to say thanks to the idiot that decided to walk right in front of me during "This Is The Dream Of Win And Regine"...I was using my digital to take video of the song, in an attempt to post it here, but alas, the jackass' head filled my entire screen for the last 45 seconds of the show. Oh, by chance if the guy who taping the show via digital camcorder reads this, can you contact me, I'd love a copy. At last, here the the pictures from last night:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home