Saturday, January 28, 2006

A L M O S T CRIMES

I can't believe its been an entire week since the BSS show at the Kool Haus. I've been meaning to post my review all week, but have been incredibly busy. Pretty much every Toronto area blogger seemed to be in attendance. Check the following links for their reviews:

For The Records
SuckingALemon has incredible pics
Just Keep Bloggin'

The show was incredible, they created a walls of beautiful sloppy noise. The entire band was present including Feist, Amy and Evan (from Stars) and Jason Collett. The set list was as follows:

Gods
7/4 (Shoreline)
Fire-Eyed Boy
KC Accidental
Major Label Debut (slow version)
Stars and Sons
Handjobs for the Holidays
Fuzz
Almost Crimes
Major Label Debut (fast version)
Hotel
Bandwitch
Anthems For A Seventeen Year-Old Girl (renamed Anthems For A Fifteen Year-Old Girl)
Superconnected (slow version)
Ibi Dreams of Pavement (A Better Day)
Backyards

Encore
Lover's Spit
Cause = Time
Where's Love
Break

I think I would have enjoyed the show more had it been at a more intimate venue. Kool Haus is pretty large, and I think when you see a band like BBS, it really helps to be in a small setting as its easily for the band to connect with the audience. Regardless, the show will definintely go down in my books as one of the best of the year.

1 Comments:

Blogger tyrone said...

I'd don't know, I loved seeing the band in such a large venue.. definately one of the best shows I've seen for a while.

Wed Feb 01, 10:25:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home