Tuesday, December 05, 2006

SO THEY SAY (IN THE CITY)



Forward, Russia!
December 1, 2006
Horseshoe Tavern

I can't believe it's taken me so long to review this show. I've tots. been slacking but it has a lot to do with the season and holiday commitments. I don't remember specific things about the show, so that should give you a idea. It was good. They played the hits, and the hits sounded a lot different live than recorded. Less post-punk dancey, much more punk and aggressive. Kudos to the girl drummer, as sexist as it sounds, I really didn't have high hopes for her. But she was freakin' amazing. Such a short set though, what's with the Brits coming over and selling us short. Lily Allen did it back in October, and now Forward Russia does the same by playing for just over 40 minutes. Apparently, the singer's voice was strained, but dude, if this was NYC, you wouldn't have done that.

Would I see them again, probably not. But they were entertaining (oh, and so was the really drunk girl beside me that asked the singer why she wasn't allowed to smoke in the venue. Classy.)

UPDATE: Johnny Boy sent me this link. You can download Forward Russia! and Black Hat Brigade's entire sets in .flac format. And the sound quality is excellent!







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home