Friday, April 06, 2007

BJORK - WE ARE THE EARTH INTRUDERS

So I got my first cease and desist notice from Blogger today in regards to this post. I find it ironic that there was supposedly a "complaint" by Bjork's manager (see comments below) concerning the You Tube link that I posted to a video taken of her new album cover with her new single "Earth Intruders" playing in the background. I HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH POSTING THE VIDEO ON YOU TUBE, NOR DO I KNOW WHO DID. Why go after a lonely blogger when instead they could have gone directly to the source of the problem, the You Tube video and the You Tube user that posted the video...makes no sense to me.

Regardless, the video was removed by You Tube sometime today, and I have removed the embedded link. But really, realistically, what is the threat here? It's a really shitty quality video, with crappy sound! Is someone really going to make an MP3 out of it and distribute it, I don't think so (and to boot, the song is widely available ALL over the Internet, from crappy 128kps to FLAC lossless!). If anything, the video is brilliant marketing for Earth Intruders (I actually originally thought it was an official leak by her label), it lets people sample the tune before downloading it from iTunes (why would someone want to pay for a song they haven't heard, it's not like Bjork gets radio-play in North America, by no fault of her own, but the corporate big wigs that have absolutely no taste).

So there's my rant. I wonder if Bjork even knows that her "people" are harassing fans about this. I wonder if she even cares that people have heard the track in this manner. She seems to be the type of person that values art over commerce, and I really can't see her caring that people are watching a video to hear her new song. It's just plain silly.

-Daniel Josef.

2 Comments:

Blogger questmanagement said...

Hi Daniel
I manage Björk.
you're lucky to have the music in advance of most people. please enjoy it.
I'd like to ask you to respect Björk, who has put a huge amount of time, effort and energy into making this album. ideally, not for you to give it away at the moment. please allow her the oppportunity to release her album before you give it away.

many thanks

Scott Rodger

Sun Apr 08, 06:25:00 a.m.  
Blogger Daniel Josef said...

Hi Scott.

I didn't post the video, I just linked to it. I figured it was an intentional You Tube link by her label. Im not giving away the track, you cannot download it, but just sample it.

Sun Apr 08, 02:04:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home