Sunday, April 20, 2008


BRIGHT LIKE NEON LOVE

Melbourne's Cut Copy are my new favourite band. I realize that I make this statement a lot, but for the last week I've been obsessively listening to their latest album In Ghost Colours. IGC is the perfect marriage of bloghouse (yep, I'm using the term) and indie rock, this is the most danceable, positive, light and fun albums I've heard in a long time. It was co-produced by DFA mastermind Tim Goldsworthy who brings a touch of NYC new wave electro to the album. You need to hear this album now, it's going to be the soundtrack of summer 2008. Read Pitchfork's review here.

Cut Copy are about to embark on a North American tour with Black Kids. Their Toronto show was completely sold out, but its been moved to the Phoenix, tickets are available here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home