Friday, September 30, 2005

The Interpol show Wednesday night at Kool Haus was pretty incredible. It was the second time I have seen them (I saw their debut Toronto show just after Turn On The Bright Lights was released) and the band has really improved their live show. Not only do they sound great, but they also looked amazing, and had a wicked cool light show. The opening band Boom Bip weren't very good, they reminded me of a watered-down Mogwai, minus the rock chops. They played my favourite song off Antics, Take You On A Cruise, which translated well live. I took a couple pics with my cellphone but they turned out really shitty, so I won't post them.

On my weekend list: Tonight I think I may go see A History Of Violence. Saturday Antony and the Johnsons at St. Pauls, then Ladies And Gentlemen at the Rivoli.

Speaking of The Ladies And Gentlemen, they are the cover boys of this week's Now Magazine. Check out the article here.

Architecture In Helenski are also in town saturday night with Aqueduct (whose I Sold Gold I was crushing on hardcore at the beginning of the year, + they are O.C. approved AND on Death Cab's old label) opening at Rancho Relaxo. Both Eye Weekly and Now Magazine talked to the band about their music, the fact that they are constantly mistaken as a Canadian band, and their dying love for Degrassi Junior High.

Thanx to Diane for the lovely surprise that came in the mail yesterday. Let me know how AIH and Aqueduct are.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home