Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Ohhhh snap!! DFA1979 gets bitch-slapped by pitchfork. I have never seen such a hate-filled rating. It's not like they didn't like their debut. The DFA-boys must have done something horribly wrong at the Intonation festival. Maybe they peed in the writer's beer or stole his girlfriend.

Check the Star's review of The Hidden Cameras' show/dance In The Boneyard.

Polls are closed and the votes have been tabulated. Here are the 33 hottest Canadian bands of today according to a pleather of Canadian music bloggers. I have to say that I agree with most of the list. I probably would have put BSS at the top of the list, only because I feel that if it wasn't for them, bands like the Arcade Fire, Wolf Parade and and the rest of the Arts & Crafts roster probably wouldn't have been covered by the international press. I think BSS opened a lot of doors for Canadian indie rock artists in a sense that they were the first ones to really hit it big on the International scene. This is not to say that I don't love and cherish the above mentioned bands. I heart them all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home