Sunday, January 29, 2006

I L O V E YOU B U T I'VE C H O S E N THE D A R K N E S S



I Love You But I've Chosen The Darkness. I know what you're thinking. Terrible band name. But these Austin, Texas boys are set to make huge waves in 2006 with the release of their debut album Fear Is On Our Side, which is being released by Secretly Canadian, home of Antony and the Johnsons and Jens Lekman. According to the press release for Fear Is On Our Side, ILYBICTD are reminiscent of latter-era Talk Talk, but in my opinion, they sound more like Joy Division meets Bauhaus. A better description would be a sadder, darker, more cinematic Interpol. Their debut was produced Paul Barker (Ministry), who helped the band focus their sound, which use to be much poppier (their first Ep was produced by none other than Britt Daniel, who is a fan and huge supporter). Tracks like The Ghost and According To Plan are huge, multi-layered sonic masterpieces of lost love and misery with haunting echoing vocals and trembling basslines. Fear Is On Our Side is an album that you can crawl inside and live in.

The band are embarking on a US tour. Here are the dates:

02/02/06 Austin, TX - La Zona Rosa w/ Spoon
03/22/06 Dallas, TX - Gypsy Tea Room
03/23/06 Lawrence, KS - Jackpot Saloon
03/24/06 Minneapolis, MN - 400 Bar
03/25/06 Chicago, IL - Empty Bottle
03/26/06 Newport, KY - Southgate House
03/28/06 Philadelphia, PA - Khyber
03/29/06 Cambridge, MA - TT The Bear's Place
03/30/06 New York, NY - Mercury Lounge
03/31/06 Brooklyn, NY - Northsix
04/01/06 Richmond, VA - Nanci Raygun
04/02/06 Chapel Hill, NC - Local 506
04/03/06 Atlanta, GA - The Earl

Check the band's My Space here to listen to a couple tracks.

I Love You But I've Chosen The Darkness - According To Plan.mp3

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been following a site now for almost 2 years and I have found it to be both reliable and profitable. They post daily and their stock trades have been beating
the indexes easily.

Take a look at Wallstreetwinnersonline.com

RickJ

Fri Mar 24, 03:39:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home