Saturday, June 24, 2006

CHI-CHING ITS MS. SOVEREIGN DA TICHY TING


Lady Sovereign
State Theatre
June 23, 2006

Fern and I took in the litle white midget's after-show (Streets) performance at the State Theatre last night. First things first, the venue was incredible, sooo tiny and intimate. It's not really a concert hall, but more of a boutique lounge. Very nice. Drinks were pricey ($7 Corona???), but the intimacy of the venue made up for everything. Her Dj spun some interesting UK beats previous to her set. As with all hip hop shows, Sov hit the stage an hour and ten minutes late (set time was slated for 12am, she went on at 1:10am). Even though she was incredibly drunk (mooching Champagne off a dude in the audience), she was spot-on, her rhymes were tight and her beats were heavy. Setlist was as follows:
Chi-Ching
Hoodie (aborted)
Love Me or Hate Me
Random
Public Warning
Fiddle With The Volume

Yup, only 5 & 1/2 songs (and tickets were $24). But the fact that the venue was soo small, and wasn't very full made for an excellent show.




Ps. Sorry for the small pictures, I didn't take my camera and instead used my phone.

Check her myspace here.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I'd have been pissed off if I was there and had paid $24 for 5 1/2 songs and that she went on 1 hour and half late.

Sun Jun 25, 12:37:00 a.m.  
Blogger Daniel Josef said...

Yeah, the price and short set kinda sucked, but I still had an amazing time.

Mon Jun 26, 10:55:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home