Friday, September 15, 2006

ROUND-UP

Not much has been going on. Didn't make it to V-Fest on the island last weekend. From the reviews, not much was missed. Check Frank's reviews here and here. Mike attended also. Check his reviews here and here. Both have great pics, including one of Emily, Amy and Feist huddled together.

Ronsessvalles Polish Festival is this weekend. Come down to my hood and check it out. Tons of bands are playing. For deets here. While there, check out my favourite coffee place in the city, Cherry Bomb. Their lattes and walnut, date scones are simply amazing. The scones are made in house, and the staff is always pleasant. If it's too warm for coffee, may I suggest ice cream at The Film Buff. I suggest the Espresso Rubusto or the Coconut. If Polish fare is not your cup of tea, try Freshwood Grill for lunch or dinner. I can honestly say that I haven't had anything on the menu that I didn't like. Standouts: tandoori chicken wrap with sweet potato fries, the Freshwood Burger and the Pulled Pork wrap. Walk over the large green bridge at the bottom of Queen Street to Palais Royale on Saturday for the Henri Faberge and the Adorables cd release party/BBQ. Other performers include Gentleman Reg, Laura Barrett and The Bicycles. Tickets are $10. I unfortunately, will not be attending as I have an engagement back in the sticks to attend to (Word Up Shan!).

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha! those sweet potato fries with all those dips are amazing. I love Freshwood Grill!

Tue Sep 19, 11:30:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home