Wednesday, April 18, 2007

JUST STUFF

Lots of stuff to note:

- Patrick Wolf is slated to open for Amy Winehouse at the Mod Club on May 12 and 13. I'm praying that a Toronto promoter tries to fan dangle a solo headlining show out of Patrick.

Ps. If ANYONE has a line on a couple tickets for either Winehouse gig, I would FOREVER be indebted to you and could potentially trade my first born for the tix. Need to see Winehouse and Wolf together. I may also be willing to look at some sort of trade for AF tickets. Please Please Please let me get what I want....this time.

- Tokyo Police Club will be on Letterman tomorrow night. Way to go boys! Check your local listings for airing times. Check out their new video for Cheer It On below. The guys are also playing an Edge 102 Next Big Thing show at the Drake on April 22, 2007. You can only get tickets through the Edge, so head over there to enter.



- My favourite indie songstress Feist was profiled in my favourite magazine The New Yorker (in the current issue). The article is pretty amazing, author Sasha Frere-Jones does a great job dissecting her sound (and I think he was sitting behind me at the show back in March). Not to mention she looks radiant in the picture that accompanies the piece. Feist plays Massey Hall on May 25th and 26th, Great Lake Swimmers support (tickets here).

- Voxtrot's show at Sneaky Dee's is on sale now through Rotate, Soundscapes and Ticketweb. Get them now, it's gonna be a sell out and a sweaty mess of a show.

- Brooklyn Vegan has an amazing article with Bjork. Check it here. She talks about Antony. I heart Antony.

- Some shows:

05/01/2007 - Stars Of Track and Field - Berkeley Church (more to come on this in a couple days)
05/23/2007 - The Faint - Opera House - Tickets on-sale now
06/04/2007 - The Clientele w Beach House - El Mocombo - tickets on sale now
07/08/2007 - Shout Out Out Out as part of Harbourfront's Beats and Breaks festival
07/12/2007 - Cat Power - Phoenix Concert Theatre

That's it for now. Oh except, I'm finally getting the redesign that blacking out the friction deserves. I'll eventually be moving off blogger onto my own site! Yeah!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not that I'm a fan of Stars of Track and Field(well, I'm not that familiar with them actually), but is the show being filmed for a television program? I saw Neko Case at Berkely Church last year when they filmed the performance for a US Satellite television program called "Beautiful Noise"...it's a quaint old church, and it had a great vibe. The church as concert venue...it's becoming the next big trend, and I like it.

Wed Apr 18, 08:45:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home