Thursday, September 21, 2006

DO THE CLOUDS KISS YOU



For the last couple of weeks, I have been quite obsessed with Mew's latest release And The Glass Handed Kites. Mark has had it on his iPod forever (since he worked at the record store) and convinced me to throw it on mine. I listened to it once or twice 6 months ago, but wasn't really feeling it. Recently, when I was transferring over the contents from my old 20 GB 3rd Generation iPod to my swanky new 60 GB video iPod, I gave it another listen. Holy fuck, how didn't I see the sheer brilliance of this album??? I'm floored by it. During the work week, while sitting at my desk, I long for it, the tunes play over and over in my head. I even caught myself semi-rocking out to it on the streetcar. I must of looked like a crazy person (which are plentiful on the King streetcar).
Anyways, the band are touring North America as we speak opening for Kasabian, who's new album Empire was recently released, and which I don't have much interest in. I mildly enjoyed their debut, enough to see them live (where they revealed themselves as really solid live musicians).

Mew have two upcoming Toronto shows. One at The Mod Club on Monday September 25th, and then an opening slot at the Phoenix on the 27th. Apparently Ticketmaster still has tickets available for their solo show. Get them now, cuz next time their in town, the venue's gonna get bigger.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home