Friday, July 07, 2006

NO LOVE FOR TORONTO



According to Asthmatic Kitty (who I'm still pissed at for not sending me a t-shirt that I ordered AND paid for when I ordered a couple items from their store) Sufjan Stevens is hitting the road once again in the fall for a North American tour, and alas, no Toronto date. Please come back Sufjan, we miss you. Dates are as follows:

Mon. Sept. 11: Nashville, TN, Ryman
Tues Sept 12: Little Rock, AR TBA
Fri. Sept. 15: Austin, TX, Paramount Theater
Sat. Sept. 16: Austin, TX, Paramount Theater
Tue. Sept. 19: New Orleans, LA, House of Blues
Weds. Sept. 20: Atlanta, GA, Fox Theater (PASTE Fest)
Thu. Sept. 21: Chapel Hill, NC, Memorial Hall
Sat. Sept. 23: Indianapolis, IN, Egyptian Theater
Sun. Sept. 24: St. Louis, MO, The Pageant
Mon. Sept. 25: Milwaukee, WI, Pabst Theater
Tue. Sept. 26: Chicago, IL, The Riviera
Thu. Sept. 28: Philadelphia, PA, The Towers
Fri. Sept. 29: New York, NY, Town Hall
Sat. Sept. 30: New York, NY, Town Hall
INSERT TORONTO DATE HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (please?)
Mon. Oct. 9: Los Angeles, CA, The Wiltern
Weds. Oct. 11: San Francisco, CA, Zellerbach Hall
Fri. Oct. 13: Portland, OR, Crystal Ballroom
Sat. Oct. 14: Vancouver, BC, St. Andrews Cathedral
Sun. Oct. 15: Seattle, WA, Paramount

* all shows with My Brightest Diamond

UPDATE: I got an email from a lovely chap at Asthmatic Kitty today to say that they got my email in regards to the missing shirt (it was the third complaint e-mail I sent) and they have finally posted my shirt PLUS a copy of Steven's latest release The Avalanche. Score! Now all they have to do is confirm a Toronto date for Stevens (he DOES have an extended break between the NYC shows and the LA show). Hooks it up! He can play in my backyard if a venue cannot be booked!!!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know you meant no 'Toronto' date...Sufjan is playing Vancouver. Yeah, I'm a little miffed too, especially since Sufjan is coming as close as NYC and Chicago, and wasn't able to fit Toronto in there somewhere.

Fri Jul 07, 02:20:00 p.m.  
Blogger Daniel Josef said...

Thx Mike for noticing the mistake.

I really shouldn't rush through posting while Im at work :)

Fri Jul 07, 02:31:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was also very upset at the lack of Sufjan this fall.

Apparently they're entirely skipping Toronto this time. I checked with the promoter who got him the last two times and he told me that I have a good excuse for a roadtrip and not to expect any changes...

Maybe we should pester Asthmatic Kitty en force to let them know just how much Toronto loves Sufjan.

Damon

Tue Jul 11, 11:21:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home